Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wicked Beat 18+

The following review is for 18+ readers.
 Links: Goodreads Amazon
3 of 5 stars false
From the moment he lays eyes on Sinners’ new front of house soundboard operator, drummer Eric Sticks knows he has to make Rebekah his. Unfortunately, she’s too busy trying to seduce guitarist Trey Mills to pay him much attention. Rebekah never planned to fall for the tall, goofy drummer with the weird sense of humor and a heart the size of the galaxy. But Eric makes her laugh and his constant attention makes her feel sexy and irresistible–exactly what she needs after the things her last lover said to her. A woman who gives as much as she takes, Rebekah makes Eric feel like a total stud–exactly what he needs after surviving a decade of watching the incredibly talented members of Sinners from the wings.

Review

****Casablanca through NetGalley provided me with a copy of this book for my honest review****
First let me say this series has the best covers, this one being no exception. But now to the important part, the story...
Oh I can't believe I rated a Sinners on Tour book less than 4 stars, I never saw it coming. I knew going in that Eric Sticks wasn't my favorite Sinner. Not his fault, not that he's a bad character, but Olivia Cunning has created some of the best characters in erotica history. So with that in mind it's saying something to tell you that I LOVED Eric in his book. Now let's get to the other half of this dirty sexcapade, Rebekah. I really couldn't find anything redeeming most of the times. She spent half the book pushing Eric away because she wanted a piece of Trey Mills, then she gets the opportunity to be with Trey but because she's somewhat let Eric in she kind of turns Trey down. Are we supposed to applaud? I love the females in the series for their carnal openness, strength and being proud of who they are, but I have a hard time connecting with them in general, and Rebekah was one of the hardest.
I've also found that as the series progresses, we lose a lot of story line. The love scenes are hot but (coming from someone who loves hot scenes and the taboo) it reaches the point where I *gasp* scan through it. Book 1 and 2 had a tons of great story while still melting our panties, but it's gotten further away from that and just feels like a lot of naked escapades are used to fill the pages at times.
In general I still absolutely love this series. It's hot and fun and again, some of the best characters you'll meet. I've searched high and low for other rockstar series and they never compare. 
 
Post by:  

No comments:

Post a Comment