Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Secrets of The Apple

Secrets of the Apple  
Ryoki is comfortable is his custom-built hell, making money with both hands and slashing his path through the world of men. But there's something about Kate, something important dangling just at the edge of his consciousness. She can't read a map, she falls off her heels, and yet she saves his life with a button and a bit of thread. Terrified she's privately plotting to marry him, he studies her with hooded eyes, attempting to discover her secrets for himself. But understanding Kate will challenge everything he thought he knew. Why exactly did Eve hand over her apple? 

Review

****Netgalley provided me with a copy of this book for my honest review****
 Ryoki is an executive with a tendency to care more about work than people. He has to be in control of things, he works all the time and when he does have an off day he spends it drinking and sleeping with meaningless women. He meets Kate who is his temporary assistant, he starts to see things differently. This book was a slow love story, it focused on the importance of family. This book was well written, the characters had layers that were slowly exposed through out the book. The meetings of old customs and new ideas was  interesting to read about. This book had a lot going for it and I am sure there are a lot of people who will enjoy it. However, I don't feel that I can accurately rate it, I don't think it would be fair to author to give it a one star just because it was it was not my personal taste. I also can't give it anything higher because I can't see past my dislike. 

Post by:  

No comments:

Post a Comment