Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Knight & Play 18

The following review is for 18+ readers.

Knight & Play (Knight Series, #1)
3 of 5 stars false

There's only one thing in life Lucien Knight really hates, and that's husbands who cheat on their wives.
There's only one problem in Sophie Black's life. Her cheating husband...
From the moment Lucien & Sophie meet, the seal is set.
Romantic, emotional & intensely erotic, Knight and Play is the perfect read for lovers of international bestsellers Fifty Shades & Bared To You. Let yourself be swept away by Part One of the Knight series from Kitty French, a romance so hot it'll burn your fingers...
CEO of Knight Inc. Lucien Knight is catch-your-breath gorgeous and damaged by his troubled past in Norway. All grown up and relocated to London, he's built his empire of adult clubs from the ground up to become the gorgeous patron saint of the sex industry. No one knows the dark childhood secrets that have given Lucien a backbone of steel and a heart encased in ice. No one until Sophie Black, that is...
From the moment girl-next-door Sophie accepts the job as Lucien Knight's PA, she understands how Alice must have felt when she tumbled down the rabbit hole. Lucien takes her safe, vanilla life away and plunges her head first into a huge dish of fantasy flavours. Rich, spicy chocolate covered with dark, oozingly lickable sauce? Check. Tutti-frutti with indecently red, glistening cherries on the top? Yes please.
Lucien strips away all of Sophie's inhibitions, and when he instructs her to select three new toys, she soon realises he has more than a game of Monopoly on his mind...
He's opened the door to a whole new pleasure packed world without limits, and Sophie is utterly intoxicated. But how far is she willing to go? And what happens when she has to step back into reality again?
Lucien & Sophie's is a story of star crossed love and forbidden passion, a sexual odyssey that spans the globe and changes both of their lives forever. Let it change yours, too.

Review

As you can see, I have only rated this book 3 stars.
This is for a few reasons…. however firstly I will go through what I liked about this book.
Knight and Play is a hot read and this is mostly to do with Lucien, his words are highly seductive and he exudes that confidence that we have all come to know and love from our sexy book boyfriends. It is well written and that although similar to some stories out there, it had enough of a different story line to seem fresh.
In saying that, there were things about this book that I didn’t like.
Like Lucien I have a real problem with cheating. Sometimes, totally depending on how it is written, I can handle it. But there was something about Knight and Play that made me uncomfortable. Yes, Sophie’s husband is cheating but does that mean that she should be free too?
I didn’t understand Lucien’s need to get Sophie to do the things he wanted her to do. Why is he so keen? Why does he seem to think this will solve all her problems? Does he like her? Is it for revenge? Is he just a jerk who is used to getting what he wants? So many questions… and of course we are just starting to get to the point when we may get some of those answers when we reach my next problem in the book.
It’s a cliffhanger!!!! Argh, I know I am not the only one who get’s totally frustrated with reading a great book only to find you have to buy two more to get the answers you seek. This book had started to wane for me a bit and then in the last chapter or so I started to get a bit more excited, emotions were starting to show and I was getting excited. Then….. tense moment… the end. Next book due in April. Grrrrr I admit that this ending gave me enough to intrigue me into getting the next one.
One more little thing was, the foreplay in this book was great, the flirting off the charts hot. But when it got down to the nitty gritty, I felt a little gypped. I can’t quite put my finger on why; maybe the way it was written. However, I just couldn’t get into the sex scenes. I wouldn’t complain about this if it was just a romance book, but it is an erotic novel, so the sex is kind of important
This book is advertised as being “Romantic, emotional & intensely erotic”. I definitely get the emotional and the erotic part, but at no stage did I feel the romance. I think I needed a bit more character information from Lucien for that to work for me.
Sorry, I do not mean to be a big Debbie downer on this book. It was enjoyable and I did really like certain parts, but as a whole there was something just not right about it for me. I am sure this could have been personal, as I said I don’t like reading about cheating. Maybe if I got the whole story instead of just the first bit I could come to a better conclusion and see things more clearly, but as it stands this was only a “good” read for me, not a great one. 

Post by:

No comments:

Post a Comment