Saturday, August 15, 2015

King's

Amazon Kobo icon Alibris 

King's (The King Trilogy, #1)  
  
“I am the man who can find anything or anyone. For a price. And my price is you.”

When Mia Turner’s brother goes missing in Mexico, while on an archaeological dig, she believes that life couldn’t get much worse. But when she’s blocked at every turn from finding answers, by both local and U.S. authorities, she must turn to a man she swears is the devil.

Others might be fooled by his private jet, fine tailored suits, and disarming smile, but Mia knows something dark, sinister, and unnatural lurks behind those penetrating, pale-gray eyes. And the more she learns, the more she realizes she may never be free again.

Review

****The author via NetGalley provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for my honest review****
Mia Turner thinks she's willing to do anything to get her brother back, but is she willing to get in bed with the devil?

King's was just what I need at a time where everything was starting to feel like it fell into neat categories and I was frankly getting burnt out. Mimi Jean Pamfiloff's refreshing story and air of mystery brings to mind other great story tellers like Karen Marie Moning. The tension arches between Mia and King as we weave through her journey to bring her brother home and watch her hit road block after road block. Mia is a strong protagonist that doesn't easily bow to King no matter how far his power reaches, although at times her lack of agreement could be found frustrating. King is alpha without trying too hard, after this book I still have no real clue who or what he is. All I know is that the author has left a trail of delicious bread crumbs that I intended to follow. The book had you wanting to instantly learn his secrets and there was no way I could have ended at book 1, I finished the whole series in two days.


 

icon

No comments:

Post a Comment