Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hopeless 18+

 The following review is for 18+ readers.
Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)
 4 of 5 stars false
Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…
That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.
Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever

Review

***This book was given to me by Edelweiss and Netgalley for my honest review***
What an absolutely wonderful way to discover a new author. Colleen Hoover has knocked my socks off with Hopeless, a fantastically well written New Adult novel.

And yes, I am definitely calling this new adult because even though the main characters and 17/18 and still in high school. There are some very mature sexual things going on in this book.
This book is heart wrenching, the content realistic and scary. If you pick up this book you are in for a emotional ride.
I loved the characters, Sky and Holder, they could be my new favorite young couple. Both very mature for there age, but wisdom comes with experience and these two have already been through a lot for such a long age. The connection between the two was awesome to read. There was steam, good banter and humor, they were just such a great couple to read about. My heart broke for them at times, but at least they had each other.
This book led me. There were a few times I had a little hint of what was going on but most of the time I just went with the flow, consuming every delicious word. Written so well, the pacing so good, the delivery ....gah! Just so good. I really didn't want it to end. It is truly an original and I will be looking out for more from this author

 Post by:  

No comments:

Post a Comment