Monday, March 25, 2013

Sun God Seeks Surrogate? 18+

The following review is for 18+ readers.
Sun God Seeks…Surrogate? (Accidentally Yours, Book 3)
3 of 5 stars false
When 24-year-old Penelope learns of a new miracle drug that could cure her ailing mother, it’s the answer to her prayers. Until she sees the cost. But for every door that closes, a window opens. In this case, the window calls herself Cimil, and she’s quite possibly the most insane person Penelope’s ever met. Could it be because this complete stranger just offered Penelope one million dollars to carry her wealthy brother’s baby?
But Cimil’s brother isn’t your everyday millionaire. In fact, he gives new meaning to the word hot.

Review

****NetGalley provided me with a copy of this book for my honest review****
This is another fun installment into the Accidentally Yours series.
We start of with Cimil causing more chaos by roping Penelope into being a surrogate mum for her brother, the sun god, Kinich. Penelope is very adamant that her womb is not for sale, however all sorts of interesting hilariously confrontations occur, that may have swayed her mind, including meeting the delicious Sun God himself.
That is not good enough for Cimil however, and she has many back up plans in place, her devious nature knows no bounds.
However something goes wrong and Cimil's visions of the future disappear which could mean the end of the world.
I would just like to start by saying I love the light hearted, humorous way these stories are written and this one is no different. The conversations are fast paced and the verbal banter and inner monologues are highly entertaining, I was turning the pages just to say what somebody would say next.
Characters from previous books were back to entertain us and add new dimensions to what was going on and I loved to see how they were going.
The introduction of new mythological characters was great, angels and angry naked leprechauns, hahaha( no they weren't in the story but they exist in this world), it definitely kept me intrigued as to what other things they could add into this world.
Poor Penelope our new main heroine of this book, I felt sorry for everything she had to take in, but man did she take it in her stride, I really liked her as a character. Therefore I was a little disappointed in the ending. I got there and I was thinking okay, things are about to get good and there will be my happily ever after, ahem I mean Penelope and Kinich's happily ever after.... and there it was.. To be Continued. Noooooo! We better get more of their story in the future!!!
Even though we are left with a cliffhanger of sorts, it also gave us the beginning of a few other stories that I am looking forward to reading. Cimil and her Roberto, hahahah, finally maybe someone to tame that crazy goddess? Viktor and Penelope's mum? Tommaso, so many stories to be told and hopefully all in this same witty format. I am really looking forward to seeing what will come next. 

Post by:  undefined

No comments:

Post a Comment