Saturday, March 23, 2013

Claim Me( #2 Stark Trilogy) 18+

The following review is for 18+ readers.
Claim Me (Stark Trilogy, #2)
4 of 5 stars false
For Damien, our obsession is a game. For me, it is fiercely, blindingly, real.
Damien Stark’s need is palpable—his need for pleasure, his need for control, his need for me. Beautiful and brilliant yet tortured at his core, he is in every way my match.
I have agreed to be his alone, and now I want him to be fully mine. I want us to possess each other beyond the sweetest edge of our ecstasy, into the deepest desires of our souls. To let the fire that burns between us consume us both.
But there are dark places within Damien that not even our wildest passion can touch. I yearn to know his secrets, yearn for him to surrender to me as I have surrendered to him. But our troubled pasts will either bind us close . . . or shatter us completely.
Release Me is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.
Review
***NetGalley provided me with an ARC of this book for my honest review***
"No," he says. "I want to be clear. I don't want our arrangement to end. You're mine, and there are rules. And I want our game to continue."
Damien Stark and Nikki Fairchild are back to wind us up with tension in this second installment of the Stark Trilogy.We come in around where the last book ends up, the deal, 1 million dollars to pose for a nude painting with bonus's, is almost at its end.
Nikki is without a doubt in love with her billionaire, willing to do anything to please, she is his completely. Damien he keeps his feelings and secrets under lock and key, his need for control is as sure as his need to breathe. This couple are a dynamo together and are sure of each other, but with secret enemies, Damien's shady past and their lives exposed by the paparazzi, their relationship struggles to survive.
A slow paced start to this book, we are slowly brought back into the seductive world of Nikki and her billionaire Damien Stark.
Damien's dark passions set fire to the pages and I was feeling hot under the collar within the first few chapters.
The pacing for the first half of the book was slower and it was like a traps were being laid. Things to lead your mind in different directions, so when the action fully kicked in the second half of the book, I had nothing but questions and suspicions about everything. It was great, I love not knowing, it keeps me on my toes!
We finally get some answers about Damien and his past, needless to say , it makes you completely understand him as a person, the need to control his universe comes from an earlier inability to control anything at all.
Of course his control also leads to a multitude of amazing fantasies come to life on page, I am simply in lust with this man; and since this is an erotic romance that is fine with me.
"Damien," I say , surprised that my words sound normal. "What are you doing?"
"What I want", he replies, and though the words do not answer my question, a swell of relief washes over me, followed by delicious anticipation.
Delicious anticipation describes perfectly my feelings while reading this book, I was in a constant state of "delicious anticipation", hah.
The troubles for the couple in the book were very much real, coming from an outside source, rather than the couple and to me that is more enjoyable, it made it more suspenseful and less frustrating. Nothing worse than constantly wanting to slap your main characters upside the head for ridiculous behaviour. I love how Nikki in particular handled everything, she is one of my favourite leading ladies, even with her problems, she feels strong.
I highly enjoyed this book, it suckered me in, J . Kenner has me enchanted with her words.
She has also made two characters that although have similarities to others, surely comparisons will be drawn (fifty shades etc), to me have been made individual enough to stand on their own two feet.Their personalities feel whole, and their actions seem realistic based off their pasts and who they have become. The last half of the book completely flew by for me, before I knew it I was at the end and ....well, all I will say is that I am dying for the next book to see how they will get out of their current predicament. Stay strong Mrs Fairchild and Mr Stark, I have every faith in you!!! Great book, loved it.   

Post by:    undefined

No comments:

Post a Comment