Saturday, March 2, 2013

Beyond Control 18+

The following review is for 18+ readers.
Beyond Control (Beyond, #2)
5 of 5 stars false
She refuses to be owned.
Alexa Parrino escaped a life of servitude and survived danger on the streets to become one of the most trusted, influential people in Sector Four, where the O’Kanes rule with a hedonistic but iron fist. Lex has been at the top for years, and there’s almost nothing she wouldn’t do for the gang…and for its leader. Lie, steal, kill—but she bows to no one, not even Dallas O’Kane.
He’ll settle for nothing less.
Dallas fought long and hard to carve a slice of order out of the chaos of the sectors. Dangers both large and small threaten his people, but it’s nothing he can’t handle. His liquor business is flourishing, and new opportunities fuel his ambition. Lex could help him expand his empire, something he wants almost as much as he wants her. And no one says no to the king of Sector Four.
Falling into bed is easy, but their sexual games are anything but casual. Attraction quickly turns to obsession, and their careful dance of heady dominance and sweet submission uncovers a need so deep, so strong, it could crush them both

Review

****NetGalley provided me with a copy of this book for my honest review****


"I can't do this without you. I can't be Dallas without Lex."
Another exciting instalment in Beyond series by Kit Rocha.
In this world gone wrong, the Sectors are not a nice place to grow up. Declan "Dallas" O'Kane is the King of Sector Four. He has a fierce need to protect what is his, there is not a thing he can't control and look after...well maybe one thing.
Alexa Parrino.
A desperately, passionate affair ensues throughout this book between a man used to controlling everything in his domain and a woman who refuses to be a possession to anyone.
I have been absolutely dying to get my hands on Lex and Dallas's story since I finished the last page of Beyond Shame on September 21st 2012. I have just finished this one and I am already itching to get my hands on the next one!
Kit Rocha has done a fabulous job of building a dark, raunchy futuristic world and making it work as an erotic book.
Sexy as hell, this book will not disappoint you in the steam department. In the Sectors where sexual freedom is something that is celebrated, the O'Kanes sure know how to "party"! Bloody, violent, dirty, sweaty and sexy!
This is not just a one dimensional love story, or erotic book.
The Futuristic dystopian world sucks you in with its sectors battling for power. The author paints a bleak picture of society and what happens when we are stripped down to our baser instincts of survival.
In saying all that though this is still a love story, passionate and full of angst. When feelings finally get out in the open they are touching, tender and sincere. I was blown away by Dallas and Lex, I am however a sucker for when the big, tough men fall.
"I'll be any man you want. A king or a beggar or a farmer or a killer. But I'll never be the man who can let you walk away."
All in all I am completely satisfied with this book. I got more of O'Kanes and not just the main characters, the POV's are shared between many of the gang members, each with their different personalities and stories, I felt a deeper connection to them all because of this. They all touched my heart and I will be waiting for their books longingly. I got more of the dark, gritty world that I came to love in the first one with their, tattoos, cage fighting and raunchy parties. I got more of Kit Rocha's fabulous writing.
I am now at a loss as what I am going to do until the next one comes out ....Six and Bren... their story is going to be awesome.
5 sexy, steamy, dirty, fun loving stars!

Post by: undefined

No comments:

Post a Comment