Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dear Adam

Dear Adam 
 4 of 5 stars false1/2
“You’re the more real to me than any man I’ve ever known … ”
To book blogger Eden, Adam is the embodiment of every literary fantasy she’s ever had. Intelligent, wickedly funny, sexy, and attentive – he and his fascinating life seem right out of a novel. Their whirlwind relationship is so intense and all consuming that soon she can’t imagine being with anyone else.
But there’s one little thing that’s keeping Adam and Eden from their happily ever after.
They’ve never met. She doesn’t even know what he looks like.
Despite how hard she’s fallen for him and how he makes her feel, Eden’s doubts begin to threaten their passionate love affair. Why is he so mysterious? Why does he seem reluctant to meet her? What is Adam hiding?
Afraid that she’s being made a fool of, Eden is forced to choose between her heart and her head. Is Adam too good to be true, as her common sense is telling her, or is the truth more startling than fiction?

Review

****I was given an ARC copy of this book for my honest review****
I started Dear Adam very excited. Without going into detail it is a subject I have a touch of person experience, and well, happen to be a book blogger J . I started to read the emails and got to know our characters and thought well, this is alright. Adam was a little more "polished" in the beginning than my usual taste. Yes, grab me and drag me back to your cave and I’m good to go. Ok so that’s a slight exaggeration but I like a little more alpha. So I’m reading, the writings good even though we’re essentially reading emails, it’s still entertaining and real. As the story progresses along with the feelings, you start to experience them; the story sucks you in only to spit you back out while you’re trying to peace your heart back together. It’s really hard not to go off on a tangent about why this book turned out to be so amazing I had to call Jillian and vent and scream (in a good way). Adam was not at all what I expected, and while extremely intelligent his dark side perked my interest and was more than I predicted. Eden was so realistic I could easily put myself in her place, feel the rawness of her emotion and live her life with her. There were teases thrown in regarding true identities and I was constantly guessing the twists and turns, never getting them right. The "true" ending before the epilogue I was disappointed in but I understand why it went that way. The epilogue was EPIC! I loved that the author basically gave us the option of how we wanted to complete our journey, per the warning before the epilogue started. What a tease though! I’m pretty sure I could have read another 100 pages and not batted an eye.

So let me explain how this book went from a 4 star to a 4 ½ star. When I started I thought oh this is good writing, especially considering how well it flowed when we were reading emails, characters are likeable, nothing I’m in love with, predicting a 3- 3 ½ star rating (which still isn’t bad). Then I went to a wow this is getting really good, to having to call Jillian and I thought well it’s not a 5 because of my feelings in the first part(I’m very stingy about my 5’s and the book has to grab me from page 1), but definitely a solid 4, it was excellent. However, when hours later I was thinking about it, dreaming about it, and now it’s Monday and I’m still thinking about it and texting friends about it, it’s a 4 ½ and a damned tempting almost 5 . This book has had such an emotional impact on me that I never saw coming, and haven’t had a book do that to me in quite a while. Sure I’ve had books I’ve loved everything about, but they didn’t stay with me like this one. The emotional impact of this book was phenomenal for me personally. Will I read it again? Yes, and let me tell you when I have piles of ARCs and released books to read, I have no time to re-read a book but I will with this one. 

Post by:  

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous review!

    Thank you for taking part in Ava's tour.
    Shaz

    ReplyDelete