Top Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Alana
1. I was a professional ballroom dancer.
2. I learned to speak Russian so I could understand my dance coach.
3. My secret dream job is to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
4. I used to be a professional Spice Girl Impersonator! Ginger!
5. I run a dog rescue and have saved 150 dogs from high kill shelters.
6. I took drum lessons from a top heavy metal guitarist.
7. I have two sons—age 3 and age 7 months
8. I love Round Table Pizza.
9. I’ve never ridden a bicycle.
10. I detest mayonnaise.
Alana Albertson is the former President of both Romance Writers of Americas’s Young Adult and Chick Lit chapters and the founder of Academe Advantage, a college admissions & test preparation company. Alana Albertson holds a Masters of Education from Harvard University and a Bachelor of Arts in English from Stanford University. A recovering professional ballroom dancer, Alana currently writes contemporary romance and young adult fiction. She lives in San Diego, California, with her husband, two young sons, and four dogs. When she’s not spending her time needlepointing, dancing, or saving dogs from high kill shelters through Pugs N Roses, the rescue she founded, she can be found watching episodes of House Hunters, Homeland, or Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team.