You must be 18+ to enter this contest, this contest is open internationally.
Madeline Sheehan, a Social Distortion enthusiast and devoted fan of body art, has been writing books since she was seven years old. She is the author of The Holy Trinity ebook trilogy and Best Selling Novel, Undeniable. Homegrown in Buffalo, New York, Madeline resides there with her husband and son. "I'm half out of my mind in love with life, the good, the bad, it's all worth it just to see another day."
Links: Madeline Sheehan Goodreads Twitter
Interview with Madeline:
1. Undeniable is in my top 10 books of last year, it was truly a fantastic read. When you were writing it, were you expecting it to be as big a hit as it was? Has the response of your readers shocked you?
No way! I never thought such a controversial book would blow up the way it did. The response was overwhelming (and awesome).
2. Deuce and Eva's story is probably going to stay with me forever, I felt truly attached to them by the end (thank you, thank you!) When you started writing their book were the characters all fully formed? I ask this because they seem so very real, where did you get your inspiration for them?
Deuce was Deuce from the get go. I played around with other characters, developing them as I wrote the story. My characters are usually a hodge-podge of people I know/known, always a little bit of myself and my wild and crazy imagination.
3. The Holy Trinity trilogy is a post apocalyptic and paranormal series, what is it about these two genres that drew you enough to write a story in them?
The Romani people (Gypsies) and Motorcycles Clubs are two very intriguing and secretive subcultures that I find immensely interesting. The fact that one cannot know truly what goes on inside them unless they are a part of them is fascinating to me. It allows for some fun research and the ability to let my imagination run wild.
4. Your bio says that you are a fan of body art, what type of body art?
I love tattoo's and piercings. LOVE.
5. Do you have any, would you care to share any stories behind them if you do?
Sure. One of the few piercings I still wear is in my left nostril which awesomely enough was my first piercing and I did it myself when I was thirteen, in my bathroom with a sewing needle.
6. What book have read this year so far that is your favorite?
Sadly, the only book I've read this year was "Rapture" (A Fallen Angels Novel) by J.R. Ward. But I adore anything she write so more than likely nothing else I read this year will compare except for her next BDB Novel, "Lover at Last" coming out in March.
7. I loved your book Undeniable, it took me several revisions and multiple hours to write a review for it that actually made sense, the book was emotionally exhausting in the best of ways, are there any books that you have read that have made you feel the same way?
Anna Karenina by Tolstoy most definitely took me on a roller coaster of emotions and so does every book in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series.
8. Favorite thing to wear while you are writing a book?
Sweats, hoodie, and big furry boot slippers. :-)
The Holy Trinity:
The second book in the Holy Trinity Trilogy: When Trinity escaped a worldwide apocalyptic plague in the arms of Gerik, a Scandinavian Gypsy, she never imagined they would be soul mates . . . or what that even meant. Xan showed Trinity that love could save her from the seemingly unbreakable ties she had to Gerik . . . or so she thought. After a brutal attack on camp and being abandoned outside of the wards, Trinity, now possessing her own - and very unstable - magical powers, is left to her own devices surrounded by Skin Eaters and all other dangers of the unknown. Now, Trinity is alone. Having no idea where her husband, her soul mate, or the Popa Clan are, Trinity is forced to discover her powers on her own. On a journey full of self-discovery, chance encounters, unwelcome news, and enlightenment, Trinity is fighting for survival in a world where the only thing certain is death.
The third and final book in the Holy Trinity Trilogy. After a long separation, Xan has finally found Trinity, only Trinity...has changed. Between Dark Magic, her time alone spent fighting for her life and the brutal loss of her soulmate Gerik, Xan's once sweet and innocent wife is no more. As the estranged couple try to fight their way through numerous betrayals and heartache back to one another, a storm is brewing off in the distance. One that will re-connect them both with the friends and family they lost... And quite possibly kill them all...