This weeks author writes books with explicit adult content, to enter the contest you must be 18+. It is open internationally.
I was born near Minneapolis, MN, but have lived in numerous places across the U.S and done a lot of traveling around the world in general. I also lived in Austria for a year, Saudi Arabia for around three and Germany for six. Traveled about to places like England, Switzerland, France, Italy, India, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Egypt. I've always enjoyed reading, but found my true love in writing, recently. I like dogs, too. :)
First off, I’d like to say thank you for inviting me to this interview- it’s a good way for authors to touch base with their readers, outside the scope of simply reading their profile or random board interaction.
1) How much has your travels contributed to your writing?I’d have to say quite a bit, especially my time in the Army. It’s given me the opportunity to experience different cultures and see places that many people only read about. In doing so, I convey some of my travel experiences on to the readers. It also helps with character creation- I’ve used numerous people that I’ve met over the years as templates for story characters and adapted the personality to fit the story.
2) In your book Misadventures In Infidelity Erin becomes a house slave, what research did you do to write that particular story from Erins pov?Actual research? None. In this particular story, I used my personal experience in the BDSM lifestyle to set the stage, or setting for Erin, with a desired plot conclusion as my end result. The rest I attribute to the character creation itself, (their goals, motivation, desires, and personalities) both Erin’s and her Mistress, Mrs. Waters. For an author, it’s a matter of putting yourself in their shoes, deciding how they will react, or what they will do or say in a certain situation based on the character’s personality traits.
3) You write erotic books which are mainly a female dominate genre, do you feel it's harder for you as a male author to be taken seriously?I started writing erotica long before reading it and it reflects my personal taste in reading. It’s not what you would call ‘the norm,’ as far as what most people view as being typical erotica. I know how odd that sounds- an erotica author that doesn’t read erotica. I truly believe that helped me in the sense, because I never had a preconceived notion of what ‘erotica’ actually was.
Because of it, I’ve never had an issue as being taken seriously in this genera- I believe in letting the difference and the quality of my work speak for itself. I remember when my first book came out, The Devil’s Dance, and some readers swore that I was a woman, despite my Pen name and profile. The character was that believable, written from a first person pov of a woman, and a submissive in the lifestyle, which was contrary to everything ‘I’ claimed to be.
The gender the author really doesn’t matter, in my opinion. It’s a matter of being able to step outside of yourself and think like the character you’re portraying in book. You have to understand human nature itself- the cause and effect of interaction, to make the characters honest and the story itself realistic.
4) What books are you currently working on?
I’m currently working on Slave World II, the sequel to Salve World, and I would say it’s approximately 80% complete. It’s been in the works for over a year now due to setbacks in my life that has put my writing time on hold. That one is my priority until it is finished, but I’m also working on a collection of ‘Dark Paranormal’ short stories. At some point I need to return to an Alternate History PNR that I started about 2 years ago that will be more traditional in nature and romance oriented.
Lots of others planned, in the plot development stage for later down the road, including a co-author PNR with another established writer that totally redefines the concept of what Vampires and Shifters are all about.
5) Out of all the places you have traveled which one has been your favorite?Tough question. Different places hold special meanings for me with distinctive memories. Many of the places I’ve been have been represented incorrectly or romanticized by movies or tv, and I discovered first hand that, that wasn’t really the case. It’s like seeing the world with blinders on and not the whole picture. Example- the Venice Italy. Most people think of the canals, and romantic trips in a gondola. Ah yes… the perfect Honeymoon place, right? To me, I think of a dirty city that smelled like any other port- petrol, dead fish, sewage and filth.
Some fonder memories? There’s nothing like sunset or dawn in the desert- so desolate and quiet in it’s simplistic beauty, as the sky begins to dim or brighten, laced with a multitude of colors.
Skiing in the Austrian Alps… magnificent. Such a pretty country, just like the in the movie, ‘The Sound of Music.’
Sitting in a small, smoke-filled pub in Germany, drinking beer and singing ‘Panzerlied’ with some old WWII German Army vets one night. Same trade, same profession, separated by fifty years and different wars.
So many different countries… different sights, sounds, and smells that stay with you forever. I can say that I am truly fortunate to have experienced some of the things I have, booth good and bad.
6) When you are not writing, what do you like to do?I work full time at a coal-fired power plant, odd hours, so my free time is limited. Writing takes up most of it. In the past I used to play a lot of RPG’s, or Strategy based board and computer games. I used to do a lot of painting, some oil-based, and sell my work on e-bay. Did well at that for several years, but then started writing. Used to do a lot of reading, but that has been pushed to the wayside over the last 6 years as well. I used to do a lot of things that I don’t any longer. Lol
I also moderate a board on GR, and that takes up a chuck of my time as well.
6) Favorite author of all time?Another tough one, and I’m not sure I have one. As I said above, I don’t read on a regular basis any longer, at least anything new or current. I guess if I had to go with a single author, it would be J.R.R. Tolkien.
Cherry Clark is a spoiled brat, unappreciative of the good fortune she's experienced throughout her life. She is also a solitary sex addict, experiencing her vicarious desires through her imagination and Internet porn. Her closet desire to be a submissive is shrouded in fear; and her mouthy attitude only gets her into trouble. One night after work, she finds a flier stuck to her car, advertising a mysterious club, Sheol's Fringe. Her interest is aroused, she decides to go, unaware that her life is about to change forever. Sameal, the hot looking bartender and Sheol's owner, is also a "devil", and a member of the Board of Directors for Devil Corp, an organization that brokers in human pleasures through the use of a 'Dream Journal' service. The journal itself allows the user to experience whatever fantasy they write about while in a sleep-like trance. Sameal gives her dream journal of her own, through which Cherry lives out her deepest and darkest fantasies. Her desires take some shocking twists. Even more frightening, they tend to manifest themselves in unusal physically form. She's a rare breed, able to immerse herself in fantasy to the point of changing her own reality. From scenes as a sexy "puppy" to a down-on-her-luck white-trash whore who gets used hard, the shallow young woman is soon to discover that despite her open resistance, she has a strong desire to submit. As her relationship with Sameal deepens, she becomes his. It's under his stern hand that she discovers the joy of being spanked and punished, as her bratty side is paddled into submission for the first time in her life. However, Cherry still wars with her submissive self. And when she decides she wants her freedom, Sameal grants her request. But without his ownership and guidance, she feels empty; and now she's fair game for other members of the club, who have their own designs on the sexy Cherry. Some painful lessons await her as she attempts to navigate her elusive quest for sexual gratification without the powerful Sameal. Can Cherry live without him? Will she find her way back? Or will there be a new master ready to take this needy submissive in hand? Contemporary BDSM Fantasy, (with paranormal elements) featuring male domination.
Links: Goodreads Amazon
Far outside of the United Planetary Federation’s jurisdiction is a world of unprecedented fetishes and kinks, unrestricted by the governing laws of slave ownership. This pearl of debauchery has a name- Slave World- a hell on earth to some, and a Garden of Eden to others. Margo Winters, an emotionally scarred and unstable veteran turned independent freighter pilot, is about to find out firsthand which category she falls into. A routine slave delivery for Margo and John, her out-of-date droid/companion/co-pilot and sex partner, turns catastrophic when their cargo escapes cryo-stasis and takes control of her ship. Margo has a hidden secret though, and one of the escapees recognizes it, dooming her to a life of sexual slavery.
Links: Goodreads Amazon
Steam & Spurs by Johnny Stone The year is 1893 and Earth is a place of wondrous steam driven machines during the Victorian age of Imperialism. Spacecraft prowl the stars, colonizing alien worlds while battling the barbaric pirates of Mars. It’s a world where the Confederate States of America won the civil war, and the Republic of Texas finally gained its independence to stand alone as a sovereign country. It’s a time of leather and calico lace, of Techno music and perpetual motion technology, giving birth to twisted sense of farfetched dreams commonly known as Steampunk. But there’s one man who lives life by his own terms, trapped in the past while thumbing his nose at modern society as he carves a place in history using nothing but a gun and his stubborn courage. He’s a war hero, an Indian fighter, a Texas Ranger and a bounty hunter; and his name is Johnny Stone. Johnny is an outwardly gruff, old-west personality with a subdued code of rustic honor in an age that continues to pass him by with leaps and bounds. Throughout his life, he’s always had a knack for showing up at the wrong place at the wrong time. He’s a man with a seemingly charmed life and a haunted past, walking on the razors edge of danger and tempting fate more often than not as certain death passes him by again and again. Rainia Morwin, Captain of the British luxury liner the Dreaming Star, is a Venutian Mistress with years of experience in dominating men. She’s a strong woman, with a mind as sharp as her tongue. But, she’s also a secretive switch, craving the wonderful bliss of a domineering male hand with the unwavering strength and persistence to take what is rightfully theirs from a woman, if they’re able. Her search for a new Master, a loving man that can fulfill the needs she so desperately craves again after so many years of dimming hope, is about to be found in an unlikely source. This sultry novel is brought to you by the author of The Devil’s Dance. Steam & Spurs has something for everyone; suspense & suspension, sex & fighting, guns & whips.
Links: Goodreads Amazon
Misadventures in Infidelity is sexy string of stories revolving around a married woman’s untamed desires. Each story begins with a flashback, as Erin recalls her earlier days of infidelity. Erin Porter is a slut and a tease, she always has been. Nothing changed after she’s married, as she thought it would, except having a ring on her finger and a man who has no idea what she’s doing when he’s away from home. In A Rude Awakening, Erin gets together with friends for a night of carefree and innocent partying when her husband is away. She wakes up the next morning to discover she had a wild night of raunchy, unprotected sex with two men. Too bad she doesn’t remember it. Lucky for her there is a video that shows what a dirty whore she really is. During Mr. Harley and his Unwanted Guests, Erin makes a fledging effort to openly cheat on her husband, but hunting for guys isn’t as easy as she thought it would be. After meeting a rough and tumble biker at a strip club she’s convinced to enter a wet t-shirt contest with the promise of drinks if she loses. Things never work out for Erin the way she plans, and she gets much more then she bargained for, or was emotionally prepared to deal with. In The Working Girl, Erin is unexpectedly offered the job of becoming a house slave and sexual pet to the rich and powerful Miss Olivia Waters. In her desperation for money she accepts, despite what her humiliating ‘duties’ will entail. Everything at her Mistress’ mansion seems to be going well, as Erin gradually learns her place as an obedient submissive, but when the striking Mr. Olan enters the picture, finally acting on his desires for her, things really heat up! From the author of The Devils Dance and Steam & Spurs, comes an entertaining collection of stories that have something for everyone. Scandalous cheating, lesbian sex, anal and oral sex, threesomes and more!
Links: Goodreads Amazon
Post by: and