Friday, April 5, 2013

The Vincent Boys Extended and Uncut


The Vincent Boys: Extended and Uncut (The Vincent Boys, #1)
5 of 5 stars false
Beau Vincent is rude, bad, and dangerous to know. So why can't good girl Ashton Gray keep away from him? She already has the perfect boyfriend - her town's local Prince Charming, Sawyer Vincent. But Sawyer is away for the summer, and in the meantime Ashton is bored, and the heat between her and Beau is undeniable - as well as irresistible. Ashton is about to unleash her bad girl - but what will she do when Sawyer comes home? And how will Sawyer react when he returns to find his girlfriend in the arms of his best friend - and cousin?

Review

Ashton Gray had been friends with Beau and Sawyer Vincent since early grade school.
Born mischief makers Ashton and Beau had a special connection getting themselves into all sorts of trouble,leaving Sawyer to get them out of it.
None of them wanted anything to change, but of course it does. As they grow up the boys start to notice Ashton change, as boys will. Now a beautiful young woman the boys both secretly yearn for her, but only one steps forward and claims her.
With the relationship between Ash and Sawyer, Beau gets left behind, he doesn't want to see the girl he loves with his cousin and so he follows his own path.
Three years later Ash has moulded herself into the perfect girlfriend of the towns Prince Charming. But Sawyer isn't in town, he is away on family vacation, and while he is away Beau and Ash pick up their friendship, reconnecting. Except this time Ash realises that maybe the other Vincent boy is the boy she should have never left behind, maybe he is the one that understands her best. Maybe she chose the wrong Vincent boy.
"You noticed anything different about Ash?" 
The way this story starts out with the boys talking between themselves when they are ten, discussing their concerns over the unavoidable changes that they were about to go through...was just perfect. It truly set the stage for what was sure to be a great story of childhood friendship and love,lost and found.
The reconnection of Beau and Ash was really special, I was excited and nervous the whole time, their relationship felt unique and fully formed right from the beginning, like it was just right.
Thanks for last night. I've missed you. He simply signed it 'B'
I loved how we got both Beau and Ash's point of views, it was great to have the insight into the loneliness and the feelings of want on Beau's side and also the mounting pressure on Ash to do the right thing, but also do what she wanted. Beau truly had loved her from the beginning , you get to see how he accepted her for who she truly was, not who she had become, and of course that was hugely important to the exhausted pretender Ash.
He'd always had everything I didn't have. The perfect parents, home life,but none of that mattered because I had Ashton. Sure, we all three were friends but Ash had been mine. She'd been my partner in crime, the one person I told all my dreams and fears to, my soul mate. Then just like everything else in Sawyer's perfect life, he got my girl. The only thing I'd thought I could call mine had become his.
Beau's character was a classic portrayal of what every girl wants when growing up, the bad boy, the misunderstood boy, with the protective instinct and a heart of gold that beats only for her. Of course my teenage heart (it is still in there!) just melted for him.
This book is hands down the best Young Adult story I have ever read. Abbi Glines, with her characters managed to transport me back to my teenage years, I felt all nostalgic.
Even thought the themes of cheating can be hard to read, this was delivered so well that you really wanted the happy ending for the couple, you knew they didn't want to hurt Sawyer. I was fully involved in this teenage love story and even though I read the extended and uncut version, I would still say that this is an acceptable Young Adult book with nothing to explicit. I have totally not done this book justice, so I will end my review by just stating that I loved it! It is a sweet bittersweet romance and it shouldn't be missed, read it.

Post by: 

No comments:

Post a Comment