Enter the Rafflecopter on the right for your chance to win your choice of any one DeAnna Marie Kinney book.
About the AuthorI am a wife and mother of three, ages ranging from 4-17. I consider myself as fun-loving and a bit peculiar. Besides writing, I love reading, the color purple, Star Wars, decorating on a budget, and dancing while I cook(I can see my kids rolling their eyes as we speak). I believe whole-heartedly that chocolates and a good book go hand in hand. And, having experienced it myself, believe utterly in the power of true love. I am very hands-on with my fans and thrive on their interaction. My upcoming works include: Charity Series Book 3(Not yet titled) And maybe something about Zombies, Bullying, Vampires, and perhaps the end of the world, although not necessarily in that order.
Links to DeAnna: Goodreads Facebook
Interview with DeAnna
- Why YA? Well, for years I’ve had a strong connection with teens, and when my son came into his teens and started hanging with girls, I found the connection even stronger. However, I never intentionally meant to write YA. It just worked out that way, but I have found that I love it the most. For one, I can write about the love relationship without all the intimate details.
- Why did I have Charity die and come back to life? It’s funny about the way I write, when I start a work I let the inspiration flow through me without knowing where the story is heading. Sometimes I’m just as surprised as anybody where it actually leads. That’s what happened with that scene. I never intended for her to die at all, the scene sort of wrote itself that way and I loved it. I know that sounds strange, but I AM a little peculiar after all.
- I wrote Kitty and Reed’s story with the intent that this would be it for them. But so many people are really liking them, and I find myself re-evaluating that decision. So to answer, we’ll have to wait and see on that one.
- Which Star Wars movie is my favorite? I totally love the original 3 movies. Probably The Empire Strikes Back is my ultimate favorite. I give homage to them in all of my books, lol.
- How would I define true love? That’s a tough one. For me it’s not so much the ‘falling in love’, but the ‘living in love’. It’s easy to fall in love when someone is giving off their best impressions and behaviors. It’s living every day with that person even when their behavior is less than appealing. For me, it’s more about unconditional love and acceptance. Love is not a feeling, it’s a commitment. (Okay, don’t I feel really smart right now.)
- Do I have a release date for Charity Series Book 3? Not yet, but I am working on it now. All I can tell you for sure is that there will be a story about Raven as well as one about Eli. I am hopeful that it will be ready before summer.
- What books am I currently reading? I just finished the book, Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1.) It was pretty good. I’m trying to decide if it was good enough to pick up Book 2.
- What is my favorite chocolate? That’s easy. If you’ve read Charity Moon you will recognize this….Godiva chocolate truffle. Hands down that’s the best!!
In this fast-paced, two-part sequel Charity is finally settling into her new role as alpha female to the Drake pack. With Prom and Graduation approaching, this should be the best time of her life, but something is wrong with Levi—dangerously wrong. With his odd behavior growing daily and her now blackening connection symbol, Charity is spurred into action. It’s a race against time, and any delay could result in the death of the only man she can ever love. Can she save him in time? If so, will their undying love and a stronger-than-ever heart connection be enough to withstand the damage created? This installment in the Charity Series is fully loaded with everything from unlikely alliances, battles and romance, to humor, mystery, and even betrayal, as well as a few other surprises along the way. You have officially been warned.