Saturday, January 1, 2011

Grave Sight

This book does contain some sex, but nothing graphic.

Grave Sight (Harper Connelly, #1)
2 of 5 stars false 
Harper Connelly has what you might call a strange job: she finds dead people. She can sense the final location of a person who's passed, and share their very last moment. The way Harper sees it, she's providing a service to the dead while bringing some closure to the living - but she's used to most people treating her like a blood-sucking leech. Traveling with her step-brother Tolliver as manager and sometime-bodyguard, she's become an expert at getting in, getting paid, and getting out fast. Because for the living it's always urgent - even if the dead can wait forever.

Review

Grave Sight is the first book in the Harper Connelly series; Harper can find dead people and can see their last moments. Her and her brother Tolliver get paid to help people find their dead loved ones or tell them what their last moments where like. Harper is weird and not the good kind of weird. Nothing about her makes sense and I found myself not really caring what happens to her. I couldn't connect with her at all, she was dull and at times I thought that she was just plain stupid. Her relationship with her brother Tolliver was just not healthy, he is in the middle of getting it on with some chick and he kicks her out so that he can go sit with his sister during a storm. I know that Harper has problems with storms but really, that’s just not normal. I couldn't connect to any of the other characters either and when I got done reading the book my response was what the hell this book was even about. It didn't even take five minutes for me to forget about it. I know that Harris is a good writer, but this book really did not show it.
Post by: work_at_home_moms_zpsdf8e4cf4-1_zpsc183cc39

No comments:

Post a Comment